Associate Director, Field HEOR - Managed Care (Colorado)
March 2, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Health Economics/Outcomes Research
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Field HEOR - Managed Care - Location CO, NE, KS, WY, NM
The purpose of this position is to:
The Scientific Account Associate Director HEOR (Field Health Economics & Outcomes Research) is accountable for managing and executing HEOR field medical responsibilities that support the US Astellas organization needs for in-line and development compounds. This position requires expertise in understanding the evolving US health care and managed care landscape and principles of health economics & clinical outcomes research. Specifically, this individual will:
* develop and cultivate collaborative medical relationships and lead scientific exchange/education with national and regional corporatized providers across multiple customer segments including, but not limited to, managed care organizations (MCO), integrated health systems (IHN), group purchasing organizations (GPO), pharmacy benefit managers (PBM) and Federal and State Medicaid; * represent Astellas at relevant corporatized provider associations and meetings, coordinating appropriate resources and clinical input to facilitate opportunities and collaborations with these customers; and * Establish effective communication with internal stakeholders to understand and support the field managed markets and HEOR needs of the business.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Proactively identify key medical issues within region and customize approach to meet needs of external customers in alignment with Astellas therapeutic strategy * Develop and maintain professional relationships with regional/national customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support across the Astellas portfolio * Facilitate ongoing scientific exchange with regional/national corporatized provider decision makers as it relates to product data, disease state, scientific discussions, health care quality and outcomes research * Prepare and deliver fair balanced and comprehensive responses/information to address clinical and scientific concerns of policy/decision makers * Act as a strategic interface with corporatized customers and home office to ensure voice of customer is represented in strategic HEOR and Medical Affairs (MA) plans * Demonstrate strong understanding and effective application of pharmacoeconomic and outcomes research methods and principals * Leverage in depth research knowledge and expertise to identify customer research collaborations that generate data to support medical decision making and define value of Astellas products * Champion and manage outcomes research related projects and investigator-initiated research proposals across various customer segments in alignment with MA medical strategies * Coordinate a large number of customers and projects simultaneously while ensuring work is prioritized work to meet business needs * Provide medical expertise to internal stakeholders in training and interpretation of key scientific data to support decisions of corporatized providers/decision makers * Appropriately partner with Health Systems field personnel to provide clinical support at strategic corporate accounts * Represent Astellas on appropriate managed markets and health economic issues at regional and national forums, conferences, and professional associations; including monitoring and communicating activities by such bodies to internal stakeholders
The Scientific Account Associate Director, HEOR is responsible for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across multiple products and therapeutic areas to provide managed markets and health economics expertise, assessment and management. The Scientific Associate Director will be accountable for engaging key opinion leaders and managing resources, priorities and workload across assigned area of responsibility. They will develop and implement objectives and strategies to support product plans. The results produced by the Scientific Associate Director must be scientifically sound and in compliance with applicable regulations.
The Associate Scientific Account Director, HEOR reports to the Regional Director, HEOR. They will serve on multiple cross-collaborative project teams across all Astellas therapeutic areas. The Scientific Account Associate Director will collaborate with the following colleagues:
* Medical Affairs: Medical Directors; Directors, HEOR * Commercial/Health Systems: Directors, Managers * Other: Senior Director, Government Affairs * External: Astellas partners, Vendors, National/Regional Health System key opinion leaders
* Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) * Minimum 5 years related experience in managed care, outcomes research and/or health economics * Extensive knowledge of US healthcare delivery systems (e.g. accountable care, managed care, pharmacy benefit management, government [Medicare, Medicaid]) and solid understanding of policy issues * Solid understanding of the interface between clinical practice, managed health care and outcomes research * Expertise in leveraging data in the appropriate clinical context * Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to convey clinical technical information to varied audiences * Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking, problem solving and decision making skills * Experience and knowledge of government and private payer relationships * Strong presentation and teaching skills * Demonstrated ability to work independently * Solid computer skills (MS Office and Windows) with willingness to learn new applications * Approximately 40% travel required
* Minimum three (3) years pharmaceutical field based medical experience strongly preferred * Direct experience in a payer environment strongly preferred * Prior experience in working remotely and managing frequent travel schedule * Thorough understanding of FDA, PhRMA, OIG, and ACCME guidelines as they relate to HEOR and Medical Affairs
Astellas Pharma US, Inc., is a U.S. affiliate of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc. Located in Northbrook, Illinois, the company serves as the headquarters for the Americas and employs nearly 3,000 people. Astellas is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the health of people around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Our commitment to changing tomorrow is measured not only by our focus on bringing innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians, but also by the importance we place on the impact we can make within the communities where we work and live. Astellas supports many causes and has created Changing Tomorrow Day, an annual, worldwide volunteer event, to demonstrate this commitment.