Associate Director, Real World Value and Evidence, Immunology
Johnson & Johnson
April 16, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Health Economics/Outcomes Research
4 Year Degree
Requisition ID: 7192180327
Janssen Scientific Affairs, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Real World Value and Evidence, Immunology (formerly Health Economics and Outcomes Research) located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director, you will be responsible for supporting our field-based Real -World Value and Evidence (RWVE) teams, in collaboration with the RWVE strategy and operations team. In addition, this person will support the market access scientific strategy, evidence generation, and dissemination plans across our Immunology therapeutic areas, on a flexible basis. Other key responsibilities are as follows:
• Collaborate with RWVE therapeutic area leads, Integrated Evidence Team Leaders, and RWVE field-based leads to develop, refine, and update external communication materials, and coordinate associated training requirements
• Serve as subject matter expert in responding to U.S.-focused Health Technology/Value Assessments of our products by external organizations
• Partner with Global Market Access colleagues to provide U.S. input on early development compounds
• On an as-needed basis, directly manage research studies and other related projects, as aligned with the IEGP and other business needs. Ensure quality of design, execution, and publication of real-world evidence studies as well as quality of models & tools developed for business partners
• In collaboration with the RWVE therapeutic area leads and Integrated Evidence Teams, develop and refine key research questions, and prioritize research requirements
• Represent RWVE on assigned cross-functional franchise teams, with internal partners such as RWVE colleagues, Real World Analytics and Alliances, Integrated Evidence Teams, Regional Core Strategy Teams (RCSTs), Marketing, Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs, Global Market Access, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, and other J&J Operating Companies, as needed
• Serve as scientific expert on the development of value-based contracts, as needed.
A minimum of a Master's degree in Public Health, Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Health Policy, or a related discipline is required; a doctorate or other advanced degree is preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
Prior Immunology experience is preferred.
Experience in outcomes-based strategies and tactics to meet both commercial and scientific objectives for a given product requirement is required.
Solid experience in conducting outcomes research studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research required.
Solid project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required.
Experience in the use of common research data sources, designing studies, and interpreting data required.
Working knowledge of drug development and regulatory approval process is preferred.
Working knowledge of United States health care systems and customers; specifically understanding business models and perspectives of managed care, long term care, and public sector is required.
Understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine and comparative effectiveness for health policy decision-making required.
Working knowledge of regulatory and commercial compliance issues relating to conducting research and disseminating of scientific information required.
Excellent skills in collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation).
Proven medical writing skills (published papers, posters, and abstracts) required.
Up to 25% travel mostly national with occasional international travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Primary Location United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham Organization Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120) Job Function Health Economics R&D Requisition ID 7192180327